Hauraki Māori Trust Board
(as trustee of the Pare Hauraki Fishing Trust)
Kaumātua Medical Grant
The purpose of this grant is to support Kaumātua with medical costs that are not covered by the Government.
Kaumātua Medical Grants will be paid to assist in the cost of treatment, this includes, but is not limited to:
- vision – the cost of glasses/contacts,
- dental treatment/dentures/orthodontics,
- hearing/hearing aids,
- specialist consultations and procedures including physiotherapists, chiropractors, podiatrists (does not include cosmetic surgery).
The following criteria shall apply in the management and funding of Kaumātua Medical Grants:
- You may only make one application per financial year.
- To be eligible to apply for a Kaumātua Medical Grant recipients must whakapapa to one or more of the Hauraki iwi, be registered with the Hauraki Māori Trust Board and be over the age of 65.
- The Hauraki Māori Trust Board has the sole discretion to accept or decline an application that does not meet the criteria. Its decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Chief Executive has delegated authority to approve Kaumātua Medical Grants up to $3,500 being not more than 50% of acceptable costs. Where an application for up to $500 of acceptable costs is made, the Chief Executive has delegated authority to approve up to 100% of those costs. These grants must be reported to the Trustees at their next meeting.
- Grants exceeding $3,500 must be approved by the Board.
Kaumātua Medical Grant Application Form
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM REGISTERED IWI MEMBERS. TO CHECK IF YOU ARE REGISTERED, FREEPHONE 0508 468 288
WHAT HAPPENS IF APPLICATION IS ….
You will be notified in writing once your application has been processed. Monies will be paid to your chosen supplier by automatic payment.
You will be notified in writing once your application has been processed with reasons why your application was not successful