Hauraki Māori Trust Board
(as trustee of the Pare Hauraki Fishing Trust)
2020 Education Grants
Tertiary Education Grants
- Education Grants will be considered once a year – the opening date for submitting an application is Friday 1st February 2020 and the closing date will be Friday 31st May 2020
- To be eligible to apply for an Education grant you must whakapapa to one or more of the Hauraki iwi and be on the Tribal Register of the Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT).
- Your application and supporting documentation must be received at the offices of the Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT) before 5pm on the closing date.
- Education Grants shall apply to registered Iwi members who are enrolled to undertake study at a University, Whare Wānanga, Polytechnic, Institute of Technology, Teachers Training College or a comparable institution.
- Education Grants shall apply to both full time and part time students studying for a Level 5 diploma or higher level qualification.
- Education Grants shall be applied specifically to assist with the cost of tuition fees only.
- Payment will be made directly to Inland Revenue or a reimbursing payment made to who ever paid your course fees.
- The tenure of the grant is for study in the current year. Applicants are required to submit a new application each year.
- Applicants must provide verification of enrolment at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Applicants who have received an education grant from the Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT) in previous years must supply a copy of their academic record. Applicants must pass a minimum of 75% of courses to be eligible for further grants.
- If an applicant withdraws from their course, they must notify the Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT) as soon as possible. If the applicant does not notify, the applicant may not be eligible for further grants.
- The Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT) may require successful applicants to participate in Iwi activities as a condition of the grant. Notification of any requirements will be provided to the successful applicants.
- The Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT) reserves the right to use your name, photo and other details for publicity and promotional purposes.
- The Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as trustee of the PHFT) has the sole discretion to accept or decline an application that does not meet the criteria. Its decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Please ensure that this application is completed in full and all supporting documentation has been included. Incomplete applications will be returned.
Education Grant Application Form 2020
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM REGISTERED IWI MEMBERS. TO CHECK IF YOU ARE REGISTERED, FREEPHONE 0508 468 288