The Hauraki Mäori Trust Board is currently recruiting for the following positions:
The Hauraki Mäori Trust Board is a kaupapa Mäori organization providing social service support to tamariki/children and their whänau across Hauraki.
Kaitautoko Whänau Social Worker in Schools (SWiS)
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and committed to change and making a difference for tamariki and their whänau then you may be interested in joining our team. We are looking to employ a full-time Kaitautoko Whänau worker SWiS who will work with a set cluster of schools.
The SWiS team provide a tamariki centered, whänau focused and strength based service which encourages whänau to make informed lifestyle choices for themselves while ensuring their tamariki have the best education opportunities and start to life.
Essential requirements for the position:
- Tertiary degree qualification in Social work
- Registration to Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB)
- An understanding of tikanga and reo Mäori
- Computer literate
- Current full driver's licence
- Excellent oral and written skills
Desirable requirements for the position:
- Ability to work in a school environment
- Ability to work in a kaupapa Mäori environment
- Knowledge of child health, development and child safety concerns
- Knowledge of whänau/family dynamics, working with difference, family violence, drug and alcohol issues, mental illness and well health, stigmatization and general societal issues
- Ability to develop and facilitate programmes to tamariki and whänau
- Developed advocacy, mediation, negotiation, mentoring, facilitation and leadership skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritize and meet contract deadlines
Whänau Development Manager
Recruitment for this position is being run through Mana recruitment. For the Job descriptions and instructions on applying for this position please follow this link to Mana Recruitment.
Do you have the time, commitment, patience and heart for tamariki/children experiencing difficulty within their whänau/family?
We are looking for short, medium and long term caregivers. Training provided.
For more information please contact our Whänau Development Services.